Wednesday, March 20, 2013

February 28th Post- Family Rules

I forgot to add this post, so it is a little outdated- my apologies.

In class we were asked to make a list of family rules that we had growing up, so here are mine.

Dickson Family Rules:
1. Finish what you start.
2. Be better than your parents were.
3. No empty chairs.
4. No hitting.
5. Be kind.
6. Once a week family meetings.
7. Prayers and scriptures every night.
8. Curfew is 12.
9. Tell parents where you are going.
10. Be honest.
11. Do not do anything that you would be ashamed of getting caught doing.

Looking back at the way my parents raised me, I have come to realize all that they have done for me. At the time I resented the way they parented, wishing that they would let up a bit when it came to clothes, or boys or other silly things. But now I am grateful for them for teaching me what is wrong and what is right- and they were not wishy washy about it. They were straight to the point! So to you teenagers out there, I know you've heard it a billion times, but your parents are strict because they want the best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment